Monday, February 13, 2012

(PRONOUNCED' LEH-'NERD 'SKIN-'NERD) - Lynyrd Skynyrd

YEAR: 1973

LABEL: MCA

TRACK LISTING: I Ain't the One, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Simple Man, Things Goin' On, Mississippi Kid, Poison Whiskey, Free Bird

IMPRESSIONS: As the itunes review rightly puts it: "One of Southern Rock's greatest five year runs begins with this album." This album was released the day before my eighth birthday on August 13, 1973. And of course it contains my favourite Skynyrd song of all-time; the trouble is there's two of them. I wanna say my fave is "Tuesday's Gone" but how can I deny the power and the glory of "Free Bird"?!?!

MY FAVOURITE TRACKS: I Ain't the One, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Simple Man, Things Goin' On, Free Bird

FACT SHEET: PRONOUNCED LEH-NERD SKIN-NERD is Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album. The cover photo was taken on Main Street in Jonesboro, Georgia and featuress band members (from left to right) Leon Wilkeson, Billy Powell, Ronnie Van Zant, Gary Rossington (seated), Bob Burns, Allen Collins and Ed King (formerly of Strawberry Alarm Clock). The album was produced by Al Kooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment