Friday, February 3, 2012

PARALLEL LINES - Blondie

YEAR: 1978

LABEL: Chrysalis

TRACK LISTING: Hanging On the Telephone, One Way or Another, Picture This, Fade Away and Radiate, Pretty Baby, I Know But I Don't Know, 11:59, Will Anything Happen, Sunday Girl, Heart of Glass, I'm Gonna Love You Too, Just Go Away

BONUS TRACKS: Once I Had A Love (aka The Disco Song), Bang A Gong (Get It On) (Live), I Know But I Don't Know (Live), Hanging On the Telephone (Live)

IMPRESSIONS: Skinny ties! Skinny Ties! My mother was a huge Blondie fan at the time. This brings me back to that certain time around 1979-1980 that is incredibly evocative for me nostalgically but which I cannot really describe in words. So I won't.

MY FAVOURITE TRACKS: Hanging On the Telephone, One Way or Another, Picture This, Fade Away and Radiate, 11:59, Sunday Girl, Heart of Glass, I'm Gonna Love You Too, Just Go Away

GUEST ARTISTS: Robert Fripp (guitar on "Fade Away and Radiate")

FACT SHEET: PARALLEL LINES is Blondie's third album. On the vinyl album, the lyric sheet contains lyrics for a song entitled "Parallel Lines" which does not appear on the album; in fact, it was an unfinished song. PARALLEL LINES went platinum and is Blondie's best selling album.

No comments:

Post a Comment