Friday, August 12, 2011

MUSIC OF MY MIND - Stevie Wonder

YEAR: 1972

LABEL: Motown

TRACK LISTING: Love Having You Around, Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You), I Love Every Little Thing About You, Sweet Little Girl, Happier Than the Morning Sun, Girl Blue, Seems So Long, Keep On Running, Evil

IMPRESSIONS: It's thanks to the Colding that I have this album. He recommended it to me one day when we were working at the Hellmouth. Oddly, I always think of this as Stevie Wonder's first album even though he had been pumping out albums for Motown for a decade. It's more accurately his first "adult" album in which he had creative control upon reaching the age of 21 and having those terms in his recording contract. The mood of the album is totally unlike anything Stevie had released for Motown before.

MY FAVOURITE TRACKS: Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You), I Love Every Little Thing About You, Happier Than the Morning Sun, Evil

FACT SHEET: MUSIC OF MY MIND is Stevie Wonder's 14th studio album. This is the first real album Stevie made after turning 21 in which he had true creative control. It is generally regarded as the start of his 1970's "classic" period. The album showcases Wonder's synthesizer experimentation as well as the use of longer songs in his songwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment