Sunday, July 24, 2011

TEA FOR THE TILLERMAN - Cat Stevens

YEAR: 1970
LABEL: A&M
TRACK LISTING: Where Do the Children Play?, Hard Headed Woman, Wild World, Sad Lisa, Miles From Nowhere, But I Might Die Tonight, Longer Boats, Into White, On the Road To Find Out, Father and Son, Tea For the Tillerman
IMPRESSIONS: Another of my favourite all-time albums which I've been listening to since I was knee high to a zygote. Truthfully every single song is my favourite. Strangely enough, despite the fact it's one of my favourite albums of all time I don't have anything to say about it other than it's a superb listen and shouldn't be missed.
MY FAVOURITE TRACKS: Hard Headed Woman, Sad List, Miles From Nowhere, Longer Boats, Into White, Tea For the Tillerman
FACT SHEET: TEA FOR THE TILLERMAN is Cat Stevens' fourth album and his second album in the year 1970. It was the LP which blew him up in the US where he previously got very little play. As usual, Cat Stevens did the cover painting. "But I Might Die Tonight" was featured in the 1970 Jerzy Skolimowsky film "DEEP END" and four songs ("Where Do the Children Play?", "On the Road to Find Out", "Miles From Nowhere" and "Tea For the Tillerman") were featured in Hal Ashby's 1971 film "HAROLD AND MAUDE" along with many other songs from Steven's then catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment