Monday, July 25, 2011

EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOWHERE - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

YEAR: 1969

LABEL: Reprise

TRACK LISTING: Cinnamon Girl, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Round & Round (It Won't Be Long), Down By the River, The Losing End (When You're On), Running Dry (Requiem For the Rockets), Cowgirl in the Sand

IMPRESSIONS: Here is another album that's been around as long as I've had a memory. Album opener "Cinnamon Girl" has the greatest one note electric guitar solo ever made! Also appearing are the epics "Down By the River" and "Cowgirl in the Sand". However, this album will always be beloved by me because it contains the daffy "The Losing End (When You're On) which is, in fact, the only song my mother is allowed to sing by federal law! No, really. My mother is legally bound not to sing publicly . . . except this one song. She and I have been singing it since I was a tot of 4. I also think the "pointillist" album cover is pretty keen.

MY FAVOURITE TRACKS: Cinnamon Girl, Down By the River, The Losing End (When You're On), Cowgirl in the Sand

FACT SHEET: EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOWHERE is Neil Young's second album and the first he recorded with backing band Crazy Horse. The three most famous songs on the album -- Cinnamon Girl, Down By the River and Cowgirl in the Sand -- were all written when Young had a 103 fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment