Sunday, May 20, 2012

WHO IS JILL SCOTT? WORDS AND SOUNDS VOL. 1   -   Jill Scott

YEAR:  2000
LABEL:  Hidden Beach
TRACK LISTING:  Jilltro,  Do You Remember?,  Exclusively,  Gettin' In the Way,  A Long Walk,  I Think It's Better,  He Loves Me (Lyzel in B-Flat),  It's Love,  The Way,  Honey Molasses,  Love Rain,  The Roots (Interlude),  Slowly Surely,  One Is the Magic #,  Watching Me,  Brotha,  Show Me
BONUS TRACKS:  Try,  Love Rain (Remix)
IMPRESSIONS:  Number three in our series of "Borders Albums"; that is, those albums which I got into heavily when I first started working at Borders in the Multimedia Section.  I can't hear this album without flashing back to wheeling my V-cart out to the music browsers and shelving cds in the classical music section (or in Maz's Jazz section when she was off) and listening to this album piped through the overhead speakers.  This also got me smoothly through my RPL's.  Ah, better days. 
MY FAVOURITE TRACKS:  Exclusively,  Gettin' In the Way,  A Long Walk,  He Loves Me (Lyzel in B-Flat),  It's Love,  The Way,  Love Rain,  Slowly Surely,  One Is the Magic #
GUEST ARTISTS:  Mos Def  (vocals on "Love Rain (Remix)")
FACT SHEET:  WHO IS JILL SCOTT? WORDS AND SOUNDS VOL. 1 is Jill Scott's first album.  It was nominated for a "Best R&B Album" Grammy as well as a Penguin Award for Album of the Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment